dimanche 26 octobre 2014

Sex Addiction

So...... we have a thread for the drunks and smack hounds(I mean that in the most loving way possible), but there are other forms of addiction.



Alcoholism runs in my family, and I have had bouts with the bottle, but fortunately I have always managed to persevere without professional help. As far as drugs go, we all at least dabble at some point in our lives, but I have also managed to avoid any form of substance addiction.



However, I have struggled for most of my post-adolescent life with sexual addiction.

I'm not talking about beating my dick too many times a day or watching too much porn.

What I ''suffer'' from on a daily basis is basically being consumed with around the clock sexual thoughts, urges and cravings that typically cannot be filled no matter how many times I get off.



For a long time I thought sex addiction was made up, much the same way I thought drunkards blamed their habits on ''alcoholism as a disease''. Now that I am a bit older and a bit wiser I see that both are completely real things.



There are a lot worse problems to have I know, believe me, but as comical as this might sound to some my sex drive is consuming a huge part of my life.



Do any of my fellow Oonzters deal with anything similar?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire