I purchased a C70 last week for my new build and both everything up and running with stock cooling inside. I intended to install an after market AIO WC unit later.
Well, a competitor was selling their 280MM AIO cheaper than Corsair's H110 AIO. So I jumped and bought one for myself after looking at reviews and seeing that is performed better than the H110. It arrived today, about 2 hours ago. I spent the last two hours trying to installed it. The problem I had with it are two fold. One with the AIO itself, which I could have easily solved with some washer. The other problem however, is with the C70 itself.
The C70 is designed to ONLY work with Corsair's H110 140MMx2.
This is what the H110 looks like through the fins with the fans attached.
http://ift.tt/1v7iD4r
This is what the competitors looks like. (There is no visible branding at all)
http://ift.tt/15iZlRn
The difference should be clearly visible. The fans on the H110 are spaced apart from each other. The competitor's fans, the edge of the fans are touching. The competitor is using STANDARD 140 fan placement for a 140.2 radiator. This means that when I tried to install the competitor's AIO only 4 of the top mount holes align properly.
Now away from that an on to another problem with the C70.
People sometimes use AIO WC in a Push/Pull configuration. The C70 doesn't allow for that in the top of the case. There isn't enough room in between the top of the case and the motherboard for 2 fans and a radiator. This means that the pulling fans have to be mounted outside the case.
There are no holes on the top of the case to route power for top mounted, outside case fans. This means I had to take my side panel off to route a fan's power cable back inside.
Well, a competitor was selling their 280MM AIO cheaper than Corsair's H110 AIO. So I jumped and bought one for myself after looking at reviews and seeing that is performed better than the H110. It arrived today, about 2 hours ago. I spent the last two hours trying to installed it. The problem I had with it are two fold. One with the AIO itself, which I could have easily solved with some washer. The other problem however, is with the C70 itself.
The C70 is designed to ONLY work with Corsair's H110 140MMx2.
This is what the H110 looks like through the fins with the fans attached.
http://ift.tt/1v7iD4r
This is what the competitors looks like. (There is no visible branding at all)
http://ift.tt/15iZlRn
The difference should be clearly visible. The fans on the H110 are spaced apart from each other. The competitor's fans, the edge of the fans are touching. The competitor is using STANDARD 140 fan placement for a 140.2 radiator. This means that when I tried to install the competitor's AIO only 4 of the top mount holes align properly.
Now away from that an on to another problem with the C70.
People sometimes use AIO WC in a Push/Pull configuration. The C70 doesn't allow for that in the top of the case. There isn't enough room in between the top of the case and the motherboard for 2 fans and a radiator. This means that the pulling fans have to be mounted outside the case.
There are no holes on the top of the case to route power for top mounted, outside case fans. This means I had to take my side panel off to route a fan's power cable back inside.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire