dimanche 23 novembre 2014

h80i running hot. Is it because the block is mounted sideways?

I just upgraded my cooler from a stock Intel to the h80i. I'm working around a mATX Prodigy M Case so it's difficult to fit things in there. I tried to mount the hoses in a way that didn't kink and it seemed I should move the cpu block around because it is so close to the radiator fans.



So inside of my case, the block is mounted sideways (corsair name on the right with the sails tilted 90 degrees). Could this be my issue? I looked around on the internet and it seems that not many people have mounted it in that fashion.



As another question, is it safe to operate while it is like that? I don't want to break the hoses or cause any leaks.



I have thermal paste set to arrive in 5 days so I'm trying to deal with it until then. Idle temperatures are 20-45 and gaming gets around 65-90c. I am well aware these are overheating temperatures.



Should I cease use until I can remount it? Or am I okay with caution?



Thank you for the help.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire