lundi 24 novembre 2014

Should I buy a CL Commander Mini?

I have setup a new NAS/HTPC using a Fractal Design NODE-804 case with 6 HGST 4TB NAS drives, ASRock H97M Pro4 mobo, 8GB ram, etc, running Windows 8.1.1 Pro 64bit. I am looking at buying a CLCM to control the 4 case fans, however, after reading a number of topics, now I'm not so sure. In Australia the CLCM sells for AU$80, so I don't want to spend that sort of money on something that isn't going to work.



I don't have any Corsair i series PSU's or the like, nor will I be using any LED lighting. I simply want to use the CLCM to control the 4 case fans (2 x 140mm intake & 2 x 120mm exhaust) in 2 groups.



The Node 804 is a twin compartment case & for the 2 fans in the mobo/CPU side I'm happy to use CPU temperature to control the speed of the fans. In the other compartment that has the PSU & the 6 NAS drives, I was hoping to use 1 or 2 of the temperature probes to control their speed but I'm not so sure that a CLCM will work using temperature probes.



So is it worth buying a CLCM? Will it work OK on my system?



Also, can a CLCM control 3-pin fans or does it need to use 4-pin/PWM fans?



Your advice will be most appreciated.



Thanks

BazzaG...




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire