vendredi 19 décembre 2014

Do I need to replace my H110 or is it my chip?

Hi all,

I got a new system, with all new parts (see my specs.)

I feel all the parts I got are good for overclocking, however, I get unsafe temperatures (above 90C) after moderate overclocks (one of my cores hits 90 degrees Celcius or above when I run Prime95 Small FFT, with my chip at 4.2 and vcore of 1.27 or in that region. With lower vcore my computer freezes or would not even turn on.) It runs (sometimes), but the alarm bells soon start ringing, with one or two cores being sometimes 18 degrees hotter than the rest.

Is my H110 at fault, or is it my chip? I have installed H110 twice, and changed the thermal paste (cleaned with Arctic Clean 1 and 2, and used GC Extreme), to make sure that this was not the culprit.

My H110 does not seem to keep my CPU cool enough, although I also wonder whether I just got a bad chip, which I am still in time to replace. I am new to system building, so I don't even know how to diagnose this (or is it the motherboard?.)

My temps seem to hover at the level that people get after overclocking with this chip (i7 5930K), but mine is running at stock speed!

At stock, with ambient temperature at 24C, my core temperatures hover 2 degrees higher than ambient when idle, although one core is always a few degrees hotter. A stress test, with Prime95

Small FFT, takes my temps to 66C in my hotter core (a 42 degree delta.) At stock, core speed is 3499.18MhZ and Core voltage is 1.088V. I have taken precautions to disable CPU C state support and Intel SpeedStep. I am new to building, so I don't know how to diagnose what the problem is, but given that the rest seems to be working, should I try replacing my H110 cooler?

Any guidance, or suggestions as to other places to post these queries, are welcome.

Attachment 20137Attachment 20138







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire