vendredi 26 décembre 2014

GS700 runs 100% at all times

Just built a gaming rig for my son with a Core i5 4670K and a Geforce GTX 970. There is 8GB of pc1600 in the machine.



Long story short....the fan runs at 100% all the time. It never slows down at all. Idle, sleep, etc.....it sounds like a turbine.



I've enabled/disabled any C7 or sleep settings, but nothing works. I have Corsair PSU's in all of my home and work machines, and they are quiet. This GS700 re-certified from Newegg is simply too loud.



It's mounted on the bottom of the case, and I've removed the filter/screen on the case to allow more flow. I've even opened the window in the room to cool the room down....it just never slows down a single RPM. I'm thinking the "thermostat" to slow it down is bad.



Should I put in for an RMA, or is there something else I can look at to at least allow my kid to actually sleep at night? Seriously, the fan is running so hard, I doubt it'll last a year at this rate.



Any help would be appreciated.



Craig




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire