jeudi 15 janvier 2015

Possible Defective CX750

Hello



I purchased a CX750 PSU in November 2014 to replace my 500 watt OEM power supply.



Within the past few weeks I have noticed my PC acts abnormal while under CPU load.



After minutes of running games or other CPU intensive applications I will notice my keyboard will continue to input keystrokes after I have released the keys. The keyboard's LED backlight flickers as if it is losing power.

I also notice my mouse input will begin to stutter as it seems to lose power as well.

Next the PC's audio will distort, skip, and slow.



A few seconds after closing whatever program is using high CPU the PC returns to normal in a few seconds.



The PC runs normally as long as the CPU usage is low.



I am aware these symptoms could also be caused by a motherboard issue, however I've never experienced any issues before replacing the PSU which leads me to believe the CX750 may be defective.

Hopefully this is the case as I want to avoid replacing my MB, CPU, and RAM.



Just to make sure it isn't a software or configuration issue I've reinstalled Windows to a clean state, testing on both Windows 8.1 and 7. I've reset the BIOS to default settings and flashed the latest BIOS update.

According to Speedfan my temperatures and voltages are showing normal stock ranges.



Does this issue seem like it would be caused by a defective CX750? I want to be sure before I submit for an RMA.



System Specs:



MB: ASUS Rampage II GENE

CPU: i7 920

GPU: MSI GTX 660 TI



-----------



Also,



The CX750 unit I have shows different physical size dimensions and has a 140 mm fan which isn't matching the specs I see on Corsair's website or most retailers. What's the difference?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire