Hi all. I recently upgraded my computer but decided to keep my two 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair memory sticks (CMX8GX3M2A1333C9). I bought the new Asus Maximus Hero Vii, however Bios, CPU-Z, and Windows are only recognizing 8 of the 16 GB. I have done the following to try to fix it. The motherboard supports this memory in the manual.
1) Reseat the CPU
2) Memtest86 - Ran it for 2 hours, 3 passes, no errors
3) Individually took each stick and put it in each of the 4 memory slots. Each time I booted up it only recognized 4BG, whic is 1/2 of the one stick's memory.
4) Upgraded Bios to UEFI version 0609
The memory is XMS3, does that mean anything? I am linking a photo of my bios which shows one of the sticks only operating at 4GB (exact same for the other, but not posting redundant photos) and you can see on the right hand side BIOS only sees a total of 8GB.
Does anyone have any idea what I can do to get my other 8GB back?
1) Reseat the CPU
2) Memtest86 - Ran it for 2 hours, 3 passes, no errors
3) Individually took each stick and put it in each of the 4 memory slots. Each time I booted up it only recognized 4BG, whic is 1/2 of the one stick's memory.
4) Upgraded Bios to UEFI version 0609
The memory is XMS3, does that mean anything? I am linking a photo of my bios which shows one of the sticks only operating at 4GB (exact same for the other, but not posting redundant photos) and you can see on the right hand side BIOS only sees a total of 8GB.
Does anyone have any idea what I can do to get my other 8GB back?
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire