dimanche 23 novembre 2014

Problems with overheating and Corsair H100i

Hello,



A month ago I built a new system. I purchased a H100i to use on a Core i7-4790k.



Everything was fine until tonight. I had two BSOD's in Windows 8.1.



Having checked through various things, the temperatures being reported by Corsair Link are substantially higher than they've been before. Whereas originally while gaming my temps were at 55 degrees tops, they're now going over that while the system is idling.



This leads me to believe that the cause of the BSODs is an overheating CPU as both BSODs occurred during CPU intensive tasks.



The CPU has not been overclocked. When I installed the H100i, I was very careful to install the bracket with the grooved bit correctly located and ensured it was positioned firmly.



So is this a case of a faulty device, or is there something else I could try tomorrow before I replace it with an air cooler instead?



Thanks.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire