vendredi 26 décembre 2014

New GPU + Load = system reboot

Hey all,



I recently upgraded my graphics card from an NVIDIA GTX 680 to an NVIDIA GTX 980. When I play GPU-intensive games, the system will reboot without any warning. I've disabled automatic restart for Windows, but it still reboots without warning. Additionally, I grabbed a dump analyzer and tried using that - reported no dumps. I even got two of my PSUs modular PCIe cables and tried swapping those in, to no avail.



Any idea what could be causing this? The only thing I see in the Windows event logs is a kernel warning about losing power ("The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."). As my specs indicate, I have an 850W HX850, so it shouldn't be power.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire