vendredi 16 janvier 2015

K70 RGB K70 driver failures. Corsair, what do you need from me?

I have been having a lot of trouble with this keyboard since I installed it last night. It seems that the driver/CUE is losing the connection with the keyboard when I launch a game, such as Payday 2 or Battlefield 4. I have the mega rainbow profile installed and when I launch a game, the game locks up for about 10-15 seconds and the keyboard stops cycling the colors. After quitting whatever game I am in, I open up CUE and I get a red circle with an italicized "i" in it. When I mouse over this icon, it says K70 RGB Device Malfunction. If I quit out of CUE or restart my computer, the problem persists. The only way I have been able to fix it is by uninstalling the driver, deleting the app data folders in local and roaming, and reinstalling the driver. I then run into the same problem again.



What can I provide to help Corsair troubleshoot this issue? I just dropped a lot of money on this keyboard and I am extremely disappointed with it. The problem appears to be software related, so I am hoping any logs I can provide may assist with the troubleshooting and repair of this issue.



My specs:

Intel i7 4790k

Asrock Z97 Extreme4

16 GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR3-1600

2 x EVGA Geforce GTX 980 Superclocked 4GB

Intel 520 Series 480GB SSD

HGST 4TB NAS HDD

Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR

Razer Ouroboros Mouse

Corsair 750D Case

Windows 7 Ultimate x64



The K70 RGB is connected to a USB 3.0 port on the back of the motherboard. The USB 3.0 port that the keyboard is connected to is one of the 4 that is part of the Intel Z97 chipset and is not one of the ports from the ASMedia ASM1042AE USB 3.0 controller. I am using 1 of the connectors. The connector is the one with the keyboard graphic on it, not the one with the arrows pointing to the sides.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire