Hi,
I have a Corsair Force GT @ 120 GB with 2 partitions:
#1 - HFS+ partition where OS X is installed
#2 - NTFS partition used on Windows ( the windows is not installed on this partition)
TRIM is working on both operating system and the question is, does TRIM work as it should, on the whole SSD size (120GB) or does only work per partition ?
As you can see 2 operating systems is managing TRIM over this SSD and the real question is if it's good for the SSD life to use 2 partitions for 2 operating systems.
I guess there is no harm in using multiple partitions for 1 operating system to manage TRIM but for 2 operating systems I can't tell.
Please make some light here to know if this method will not damage SSD life, otherwise I will give up to NTFS partition from windows.
Thanks,
neohq
I have a Corsair Force GT @ 120 GB with 2 partitions:
#1 - HFS+ partition where OS X is installed
#2 - NTFS partition used on Windows ( the windows is not installed on this partition)
TRIM is working on both operating system and the question is, does TRIM work as it should, on the whole SSD size (120GB) or does only work per partition ?
As you can see 2 operating systems is managing TRIM over this SSD and the real question is if it's good for the SSD life to use 2 partitions for 2 operating systems.
I guess there is no harm in using multiple partitions for 1 operating system to manage TRIM but for 2 operating systems I can't tell.
Please make some light here to know if this method will not damage SSD life, otherwise I will give up to NTFS partition from windows.
Thanks,
neohq
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire