Hello. I just bought this new PSU to replace my cheap and aging (and probably dying and potentially hazardous) old PSU. I've been meaning to upgrade and saw a good deal on the TX850 so I went ahead and bought it before I had enough money to actually upgrade my entire PC. :P
I'm dealing with two little problems, though. First of all, as you can see in my profile, I'm on a really low end and old PC and I was running it "just fine" on a value 400w@16A PSU, so the TX850 is way overkill for my current rig, so, the first problem is I have no way to tell if my PSU fan works.
The TX850's fan only starts spinning after the PSU gets to a certain temperature, and making my computer work at full load isn't hard at all, I just load any modern game and it goes into full load according to the software I'm using, but the PSU fan still doesn't start up. The PSU feels warm at touch at full load, not hot, but warm enough to be noticeable. My PC may be low end, but the Pentium 4 Prescott isn't exactly known to be power efficient, so the possibility that the fan may not work and I have no way to test it worries me a little.
The second problem is, I'm noticing some haziness on my monitor's image with this new PSU, so there's probably some ripple effect going on in the PSU's voltage. I'm wondering if this could be caused by a much lower load than the PSU is rated for? :sigh!: I was powering this PC with less than half the power this PSU provides.
What do you guys think? Are these issues to be expected from a PSU that is overkill for my system or is it faulty and I should just RMA it?
Thanks.
I'm dealing with two little problems, though. First of all, as you can see in my profile, I'm on a really low end and old PC and I was running it "just fine" on a value 400w@16A PSU, so the TX850 is way overkill for my current rig, so, the first problem is I have no way to tell if my PSU fan works.
The TX850's fan only starts spinning after the PSU gets to a certain temperature, and making my computer work at full load isn't hard at all, I just load any modern game and it goes into full load according to the software I'm using, but the PSU fan still doesn't start up. The PSU feels warm at touch at full load, not hot, but warm enough to be noticeable. My PC may be low end, but the Pentium 4 Prescott isn't exactly known to be power efficient, so the possibility that the fan may not work and I have no way to test it worries me a little.
The second problem is, I'm noticing some haziness on my monitor's image with this new PSU, so there's probably some ripple effect going on in the PSU's voltage. I'm wondering if this could be caused by a much lower load than the PSU is rated for? :sigh!: I was powering this PC with less than half the power this PSU provides.
What do you guys think? Are these issues to be expected from a PSU that is overkill for my system or is it faulty and I should just RMA it?
Thanks.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire