vendredi 4 juillet 2014

AX1200i slowly power cycling with ALL Peripheral connectors connected

Hi there all,



I have an interesting problem, Upgraded my old 1000W 8 year old PSU to this new Corsair AX1200i and powered on the system only to have it power cycle slowly on and off.



Checking the wiring I could find nothing wrong.

Leaving the MB and graphics card connected with NO peripherals connected it booted up.

Slowly adding peripheral connectors to see when it would falter, Power cycling between connections and I get to the last one and the fault appears.



Checking the 4 SATA connectors to the hard drives (UN-plugging and re connecting) nothing could be found!!

So on a hunch I left that cable connected and unplugged another and sure enough the system booted. Tried this with yet another and again it booted.



Connected to the peripheral connectors I have a total of 22 hard drives and 9 fans and the H100i Water cooling system.



What I do to get the system to boot up correctly is to power up with ONE peripheral connector disconnected, wait the prescribed time (5 seconds). Plug it in while the system is booting, the additional RAID drives are connected and the system finds all drives and works as it should.



The question is WHY or is there an issue with ALL the peripheral connectors connected?



One thing I will be doing is to make an ATX 6 pin Y adapter that has ONE plug and 2 sockets. So that I will then only have 5 of the peripheral connectors connected. Hopefully that will cure the issue at hand.



I will also say that the corsair LINK 2.6.5214 doesn't show any current draw on any of the Peripheral connectors or PCIe power connectors and randomly shows a few flashes of over 5 Amps being drawn on the ATX connector but majoritively that sits at ZERO too.



At system idle the total power draw is 280W with 99% efficiency (NICE).



So yeah, weird problem and I hope some one here can shed some light on the problem.



Astro




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire