vendredi 4 juillet 2014

Unnamed golden theme project

Hey guys.



I just wanted to show something I've been planning for about three months now, and finally gathered enough money and resources to actually do it. I'm finally replacing my old PC with something with a bit more oomph in it.

Since now, as a student, I've always built my PC's from scratch with pretty much the cheapest parts available to me.

But recently, when I got part-time employed, I've had a bit more cash to scrape up to do something I've always wanted: an actually gorgeus, somewhat color-coordinated PC that isn't an eyesore to look at and hidden away behind a cheap and boring case.



So, my parts list, with what I already have to what is coming in the mail:



My current setup:



MSI mATX motherboard, AM3 socket



AMD Athlon II X4 3.00GHz (I tried to overclock this thing for the competition here, things went quite horribly wrong with overvolting, thanks to MSI's crappy BIOS controls and my blind rush to even more MHz)



MSI Geforce GTX680 2gb



8Gb Teamgroup Elite 1333MHz memory



120Gb SSD, Kingston SSDNow V200



Western Digital 1Tb HDD



LG Blu-ray/HD-DVD combo bay





New things already bought for the new setup:



Corsair Obsidian 750D case



Corsair CX750M PSU



Antec Kühler 1220 (retailer had a huge discount on this one, really wanted a Corsair H105 though :/ )



2 x Corsair SP120 PWM High performance fans (for the liquid cooler, to at least make it look like Corsair)



2 x Corsair AF120 Red LED fans



Corsair 16 Gb 2400MHz Vengeance Pro Gold memory



Parts still waiting to arrive:



ASUS z-97 Pro WiFi ac motherboard



Intel i7 4790K Processor



Palit GeForce 770 4gb JetStream GPU



So here I am now, with the old parts inside the obsidian case:





Not quite what I want, hence the new PC





Not much to show in terms of progress for now, some minor fine-tuning customizations to the parts here:





Painting the rings on corsair fans and the attachment plate for the cooler







The corsair memory, which arrived on the mail today



The plan for now is to keep the red LED strips and see if/how they match with the new color scheme. If they don't I have a spare white one to replace them. I want to keep the build nice, clean and classy, not too much bling or Gamer attitude (although this is a kick-*** gaming machine and will be used for that very purpose, it just doesn't have to show. Think Mercedes vs. Camaro)



Things I still want to change, if I had the money for it:

-Replace the rear case fan with a 140mm corsair one with the ring on it

-Get a matching corsair cooler OR a custom loop, if I happen to win at a lottery or something similar.





I'm going to post updates whenever new things happen, probably on the start of next week. More ideas on what I might customize and how would be very much appreciated. I'm also open for critisism, as long as it's constructive-ish.




Attached Images













File Type: jpg IMG_1270.JPG (187.4 KB)
File Type: jpg IMG_1433.JPG (190.5 KB)
File Type: jpg IMG_1437.JPG (182.5 KB)






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire