mardi 29 avril 2014

Mod H110

Hello, I'm new to these forums and new to pc building and I had a question.



Warranty voiding aside, would it be possible to use the pump and radiator from a "closed loop" water cooler like my h110, replace the tubing, add in a res, new coolant, and add in lines and water blocks to whatever else it is that you want to cool?



As I said I know it will void the warranty, however it seems like doing this could potentially save you a lot of money.



My proposed plan is this.



1. replace ugly black tubing with something a little more stylish, probably acrylic uv reactive tubing.

2. Install reservoir between radiator and pump (if I can figure out which barb is in and which is out)

3. Install lines and water blocks to gpu's, ram, whatever else you're cooling, with an additional small single fan radiator between each to offset the pump being used (which I assume has less power than the pumps generally used on the custom loops)



The only real problem I see is figuring out how to pulse the pump in order to fill the system, which I would thing could be solved by filling all your rad's and tubes before initial start up.



Now as I said I know it voids the warranty, however if this is doable it could be a bit of a boast for corsair, especially if it could end up with performance that rivals custom loops with all of the expensive stuff. Granted they couldn't "encourage" people to do it for legal reasons. BUT maybe they could have a nice section for modded water cooler's on these forums :P just like the case's do.



In fact maybe this would convince them to sell their pumps and rad's unassembled, that way they could perhaps beat out their competition on the price of pumps and radiator's.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire