mardi 29 avril 2014

Size isn't everything - Mini ITX Entry

Living in a college dorm is a nightmare when I have to lug around a full-tower desktop. So I started this small form factor build to make things much easier while still being able to laugh at my roommates with their "next-gen" consoles. Enjoy my entry!

PC gaming. Always.







Figure 1: Front of case. I'm borrowing this case from a friend until I can get my hands on the Corsair 250D Mini ITX case. For now I needed something to throw everything in.





Figure 2: Left side view. I recycled the 7950 from another build, which was a full tower. This made the GPU have a droop so when I put it in this chassis the fans didn't clear the cover. I used a GPU bracket to add just enough space.





Figure 3: Another left side view. The previous GPU ran hotter than usual with higher fan RPM, which became very annoying. Plus the additional PCIe power connectors made cable management even more impossible. I chose the EVGA 750Ti SC instead, and I'm beyond happy with this purchase. It runs cooler than my CPU and much quieter while still delivering 1080p performance.





Figure 4: Right side view. Cable management. I need to do it, but I keep putting it off. Plus, I'm not sure where to really zip-tie them. Suggestions are much appreciated!





Figure 5: CPU focus. Corsair's H55 quiet edition works like a charm! Very happy with this purchase!





Figure 6: RAM focus. Corsair's Vengeance series RAM. Here I have 16gb at 1600 Mhz. Heat spreaders look sexy and they perform to their expectation.





Figure 7: PSU focus. This is an amazing PSU! I love the no-spin mode and this thing barely outputs any heat. Yes, the 750 is overkill especially when I am using the 750Ti, but I'll be using no other PSU when it comes to other builds.





Figure 8: Corsair Vengeance MM200 Mouse Pad. Best mouse pad I have ever had!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire