samedi 29 novembre 2014

Can anyone help me with my CX600M

Hello people, I just got my first Corsair product and I'm having some issues, probably out of my own ignorance.

First of all, this is my dear old rig:

-GPU: GTX280

-CPU: Intel E8600

-MB: Asus P5N-D



Yes, my computer is rather old, but I can't afford to change it right now, the situation on my country is really adverse to go about importing stuff and whatnot.

Anyway, my old PSU was a Thermaltake Thoughpower 750w, it burnt out thanks to my local power provider. I picked a Corsair CX600M to replace it and, after a 3 month wait, It finally arrived (had to import it). The unit looks really neat, but I'm having some doubts with the wiring.

For those who don't know this PSU, here is a quick description: it has two non-modular plugs, one for the mother board (24-pin), a splitable 4+4 specifically made for the CPU (its even written on one side of the plug) and the 4 slots you see in the pic bellow.

I already plugged the non-modular cables, the SATA and the peripherals, which leaves me with two free slots, the 6 square pin PCI-E port and the 4+4 pin port labeled as CPU, the problem is, the only cable left is the one on the red square (see pic bellow), a non-splitable 8-pin plug that goes into the PSU with two 6+2 on the other end. I can't plug anything to the PCI-E port.







Again, I must be missing something here, but I don't want to risk ruining anything as that would mean having to wait 3 months to get it imported and I've had enough of that already.



Thanks in advance, hope you can help me out here.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire