vendredi 28 novembre 2014

Faulty H80i - Started smoking!

Hi Support,



I bought my H80i unit almost 2 years ago. I stopped using it for a while as I upgraded to the H100i, However when I installed the unit on this test build, It doesn't seem to be functioning properly.



The problems I seem to be having are..

> Faulty LED. Can't change colours, only green or off if I'm lucky. Most of the time the light just flickers or just won't work.

> The unit started smoking which I have never seen before of any Corsair product (it actually really surprised and scared me).

> When I installed the y cable into the header, The header snapped clean off the block, ruining the y cable with it. I have to use motherboard headers for now.



I've very rarely ever had a problem with Corsair products, So I just took it as having very bad luck when I got this unit haha. I tried to make do with what I had but I think the pump is now starting to fail.



I tried talking to PCCG (Australia), But they were no help at all. I was hoping that if I talk to Corsair directly, they might be able to replace it or fix it.

If I post the unit to Corsair in California, It's going to cost me almost as much as the unit itself when I bought it...



Submitted an RMA ticket.

Ticket#: 6553363

Part#: CW-9060008-WW



I'll upload the video tomorrow arvo,



Cheers :3




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire