vendredi 28 novembre 2014

K90 K90 MMO Key Repeating/Stick/Chatter

Evening, I have had my K90 for awhile now (I believe coming up on 2 years) Its been a blast and I love this keyboard more than any other of the keyboards I have owned. However, It began developing issues about a year into my ownership, went away, and have returned.



I have always had key repeating, "sticking" and chatter issues on my lesser used keys (8 9 0 on number row, - = [ ] \ ; ' ), but as of afew months ago ive been developing problems around my WASD keys and space bar. The most annoying key as of late thats been acting up has been A, frequently when chatting to other people my posts look like this: aand aalso alpha aone hahaa, etc, also key sticking like this example: good golly gosh, sometimes comes out as good ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg (and i'll have to hit G again to get it to unstick, this applies to afew keys at random at random intervals, some very long in between when typing, some very often while gaming)



It gets annoying because I type around 110wpm to 120wpm, and having to backspace to fix these key issues slows me down and aggravates me. Also having key sticking issues during FPS's (Stuck strafing one direction, stuck moving forward, etc).



I filed a ticket. However I am unsure if I would quaalify for a rma (Did it there, I wont fix them anymore) I purchased my K90 around 2 years ago from a local frys electronics here in AZ, I know I didnt do any warranty registering (I'm confident in Corsairs build quality, my TX750w psu has been running strong for 4 years now near 24/7 uptime).



Any thoughts/info/help? I have never spilled any liquids onto my keyboard, so I doubt something shorted out. I always keep my keyboard, mouse and monitor on the front seat of my car when doing LAN gigs, so I doubt impact damage.



Ive tried multiple USB ports, turning off USB legacy support, safe mode, etc, still does it. It doesnt do it with aany sort of pattern. Truely random.



Edit:



Also forgot to mention my LED under my G key went out literally about 5 months after ownership.



Edit 2: I have googled into this alot, applied the latest firmware updates and drivers, but the issue persists, it is also not isolated to my computer, I tried it on my buds build, my laptop, issue persists. It also appears lots of other people are having this same issue, I want to stick with corsair and see if the RMA process cant help me, if not, this issue is enough for me to want to move to another brand for a mechanical replacement.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire