dimanche 30 novembre 2014

Transferring cooler from alienware please help

Greetings all, had a quick question for you guys...



I have an alienware Aurora desktop I purchased last year with an i7 3820 processor and liquid cooling.



I am building a new pc with many of the parts from it as my upgraded graphics cards are bigger and are heating up too much from being scrunched together on a micro-motherboard (as well as on my new motherboard I plan to do 3-way SLI as i just got another 780).



That being said, I am transferring the majority of the parts to a new case (corsair 500r) with a full-size motherboard ( MSI X79A-GD45 Plus ). What I'd like to do, if possible, is transfer the liquid cooler, as well as the cpu over to the new motherboard. I know that the CPU is compatible but has anyone done anything similar to this with their coolers? I will be using a different power supply, but I am mostly concerned with how everything is going to fit. Do you use any special brackets for the coolers, etc.? This is my 1st pc i'll be building (if you even can call it building), so I'm a bit nervous (although i'll have help).



When dealing with the liquid coolers, if you want to swap them over, is it literally just, unplug, plug back in, you're good? Someone mentioned to me having to drain and refill it first, among other things..... Is that necessary?

Do you even think their liquid cooler would be compatible? Or should I just buy one of corsairs liquid coolers because i'd have a better shot of that fitting in their case without hassle? If so, which one is the one I'd need (i'd like to use the old one just to save money, but if it really is that much of a hassle, i suppose i'd rather just get a new one than risk hurting anything...)?



Since my new case is a 500R I figured you guys would know the specifics on the sizes/fitting....



Any advice would be appreciated.



Thank you very much!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire