vendredi 29 août 2014

Hej Hej

From sunny Sweden... no seriously it's been very sunny of late. I'm a Brit living in Malmö Sweden and have found myself bored to death, so I've decided to build some PCs (note the use of the plural).



Years ago I helped fund my way through university by helping my fellow students spend their student loans on gaming PCs. So I have built an awful lot of PC's over the years. However, the past 5 years or so I've not touched a single one.



Just got a bit disillusioned with it all I guess. I've got the bug again though. So now I'm attempting two builds, the first is to be based in my home:


  • i7 4960X 3.60GHz Extreme (Ivybridge-E) Socket LGA2011

  • Corsair CMD64GX3M8A2133C9 Dominator Platinum 64GB

  • Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 295 X2 OC 8192MB GDDR5

  • x2 Samsung 1TB SSD 850 PRO SATA 6Gbps 3D NAND (MZ-7KE1T0BW)

  • Pioneer BDR-S09XLT 16x BluRay / 16x DVD±RW 50GB Drive - Black

  • Asus Xonar Essence STX II

  • AX1500i Digital ATX Power Supply — 1500 Watt Fully-Modular PSU




All wrapped up in an Obsidian 750D, which will receive a custom paint job to boot. I'm hoping to make some build videos / articles as I go along. there will of course be a custom waterloop as well. My second build is intended for LAN parties, something that's really popular over here in Sweden, for this I'm going with:


  • Intel Core i7-4790K 4.00GHz (Devil's Canyon) Socket LGA1150 Processor

  • Asus Maximus VII Gene Intel Z97 (Socket 1150) DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard

  • Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 PC3-19200C11 2400MHz Quad/Dual Channel Memory Kit (CMY32GX3M4A2400C11R)

  • Asus Radeon R9 290X DirectCU II OC 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

  • Corsair AX860i Digital ATX '80 Plus Platinum' Modular Power Supply




This lot isn't going into a Corsair case but is being squeezed into the BitFenix Prodigy M... which should be fun. As this is intended for LAN parties their no optical drive (not that I could fit one in), and I'm currently scratching my head about water cooling. I'm sure I'll figure it out once I've eye-balled it.



Any way that's me and what I'm up to.



Cheers



J




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire