samedi 30 août 2014

Noticeable, regular clicking sound from new AX1200i

I bought a new AX1200i from a UK retailer 3 months ago, but only got round to installing it 3 days ago. One of the main reasons I got it was for the silent mode since I've built my PC for quietness which is really important for me, as well as serious gaming power. Even running demanding and power hungry stress tests such as Furmark didn't spin up the fan either in the short time I ran them, which is fantastic.



It worked fine, an absolutely awesome PSU just like all the reviews, but today, it started making a regular clicking noise - a soft, but very noticeable "k" sound - every 20 seconds or so once the fan stopped spinning at power on. In my quiet environment it's very annoying indeed and defeats the whole purpose of buying it, so I've had to put back my HX850W v1 which has worked flawlessly since I bought it 5 years ago.



Looking at this forum and this thread from November 2012 in particular, it's not clear if this is a design issue or a manufacturing fault, possibly with the fan control circuitry. I'm also surprised to see this problem in a unit made so much later, expecting a niggly issue like this to have been ironed out. Either way, I don't want to live with this problem and feel very disappointed right now with Corsair. To be fair though, I've bought many different types of Corsair products over the years and this is the only one I've ever had a problem with. They've all been high quality, so Corsair is a top brand for me.



As a test, I tried lightening the load on it by removing the graphics card, disconnecting all the drives and booting the PC to the BIOS, but the problem remained.



I fear that if I RMA it with the retailer, I may get a replacement unit that does the same thing and they won't refund it due to the length of time since I bought it, so I would really appreciate help from the Corsair reps on here.



PC specs as in my profile.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire