jeudi 28 août 2014

new build H80i very high temps with stock settings 4960X

Hi all,



I just built a new PC with a Corsair H80i cooler, and in BIOS I'm seeing the CPU temperature climb rapidly to 84C. After booting into Windows 7 x64, I see the temperatures drop to around 65C, but that's nearly the maximum temp for this processor.



I pulled the pump block off the CPU, and it looked like there was good coverage of the thermal compound. To be sure there is enough pressure, I took the mounting bracket off the pump and added some 2mm foam tape between the bracket and the pump. This effectively presses the pump block against the CPU harder. I wiped off the original thermal compound and applied AS5. But when I rebooted and checked the temperatures were the same or a little worse.



I was able to get the pump and fans recognized in Corsair Link after manually removing the devices from Device Manager and letting the computer find them again. Link reports the pump is running around 2,400 rpm, and both fans are running 2,500 rpm. I have the case running next to the cold air outlet of an A/C unit in my office, and the case was open, so ambient temperature isn't the problem.



I felt the pump block was warm, but only one of the two hoses going to the radiator was warm - the other felt cool to the touch. The radiator was cool also.



I opened a help ticket yesterday. Any suggestions?



Thanks,



Dan




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire