jeudi 29 mai 2014

Are fan units needed on Dominator-GT memory?

Just a basic (and potentially!) very stupid question...



I've recently purchased a pack of the triple-channel CMT12GX3M3A2000C9 memory for my Asus Rampage III Extreme mobo. If, by keeping the clocks stock, can I get away with not fitting the fan unit that comes with the memory?



I've yet to fit it, but I'm pretty sure that the clearance between the memory itself and the CPU HSF pipes will be pretty tight as it is. And that's without fitting the Airflow unit on top of the three sticks of DDR3.



If it is 100% essential - then I'll look into obtaining a different cooler for the CPU - one that will allow clear space above the memory slots. I've plenty of fans in the case already and regularly keep them uncluttered from dust and other build-up. It 'should' be cool enough in there.... ;)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire