jeudi 29 mai 2014

VoyagerAir Passthru

What are the requirements for Passthru to function correctly?



There seems to be zero documentation on this feature. After some internet searches and reading through posts here I have found out the following:



1. Does NOT support WEP.

2. Does support WPA2 (no mention of AES or TKIP though)

3. VoyagerAir name versus WiFi SSID:

a. Can they be the same?

b. Should they be the same?





I ask all this as I have a single WiFi network with SSID = homenetwork, running WPA2 with AES. When I click on Passthru, then click on "homenetwork" and enter the correct password, I am just prompted to enter the password, over and over.



I tried setting the VoyagerAir to use the same channel as the WiFi.



I backed that out, then changed to WEP (before I found out WEP wasn't supported) on the WiFi, and tried configuring the Passthru.



I backed that out, and set a simple WPA2 AES password. That failed as well.



So what are the requirements for this feature to work? And if there are other dependencies please indicate them as well.



Running the latest firmware available as of two weeks ago.



-<M>-




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire