mercredi 28 mai 2014

NVIDIA wall mount PC for Maker Faire

This is my first post here so be kind with the n00b :p:



Wish I had a better name. First, I want to think the many guys out there who already did insane wall mount PCS. My number one inspiration was this build called the Recoil Machine: http://ift.tt/1nEaTUj



Anyways, NVIDIA wanted a custom rig for Maker Faire using components included in a New Egg package deal:

Intel i7 4770k

ASUS Z87 Sabertooth mobo

Corsair Vengance RAM 16 gigs

Corsair Force 240 gig SSD

Corsair RM1000 PSU

ASUS DirectCU2 GEFORCE GTX 780 GPU

ASUS Blu Ray Drive

EK Waterblocks for GPU and CPU, EK Radiators

Primochill water-cooling fittings, tubing, coolant, resevoir/pump housing

LEPA/Enermax fans







I proposed we do a wall mount aquarium PC like we did for the Vanilla Ice Project but time contrants would not allow that so I opted instead to do an NVIDIA-themed wall mount PC. Granted, it really was not innovative as I just took what others have done and make it green (and added current technologies and processes such as Rigid PETG tubing.



The end result turned out rather well. Primochill played a HUGE role in this project by turning my sketchup into a CNC fabbed product. I could not have pulled this off without my partner Travis Jank (V2V3). He helped me finsih it and delivered it to Maker Faire in San Mateo for NVIDIA's booth - we also worked the event for them).



Let's get started with how this happened using CAD tools:





I sent Primochill a rough drawing which they used to get formal drawings done:























Lots of back and forth on the design part.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire