samedi 31 mai 2014

H100i + 4770k Overheating

Firstly hello one and all. I would like to be clear in my liking for Corsair products (case, psu, cooler in this build). Also sorry for the long post. Trying to cover the bases.



First week of running my newly built system with a mild overclock of 4ghz at 1.2v (memory weak here I'm sure it was 1.146v but for the sake of argument).

Idle temps 35c and under load after gaming for 2hrs solid temps didn't go above 65c and I was a happy bunny.

After 1 week I realized I didn't require the overclock as the system wasn't straining so I dusted all my fans/filters, put everything back to standard. Noticed there was an update for Corsair Link and the firmware which I duly installed (not correctly) and instantly had issues with hardware not being recognised and idle temps now at 50c at stock speeds with 85-100c under load. Pump still reading 2334rpm (ish) no funny noises and no undue vibration. One pipe noticably warm (as you'd expect).

After reading the firmware/link software install guides (should've done that first) I went to Link Version 2.5.5145 and everything except my 780 fan was detected correctly (unplugged usb header etc). The LED started working (previously was just on white which didn't really matter to me) and cycles happily how I tell it to.



I've reseated/reapplied thermal paste 5 times now with no change to idle temps except yesterday they jumped from 50's to 70's. I've made one last attempt to re-seat and reapply tim (IC Diamond 24-Carat Thermal Compound).



Temps today at idle with power saving mode on (800mhz) are 69-72c with fans on performance mode. Had good spread on the tim every time (used pea drop, rice grain, single line (top to bottom in line with cores) cross shape and nothing makes a difference.



Yes the bracket on the back has the 2 cutouts/slots/rivet gaps at the top (where they sit correctly allowing space for the 2 corresponding points on the board).



I've been using Open Hardware Monitor to double check temps, everything matches with the Link software to within 1c variance.



Help me please. I'm at my wits end.





(ps ambient temps no more than 25c at worst with average 22c. Case temp at worst core temp of 100c was 29c).



(pps: gfx card idles at 31c and nothing above 70c under load over 2hrs use on a hot day, I have 2 corsair sp120 intake fans always on max speed with stock case exhaust fan)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire