mercredi 30 juillet 2014

Neutron 240GB running @75C

I have a Neutron 240GB drive that I purchased two years ago. Recently, I've had a problem with video games hard freezing my system and requiring a reboot after about 1/2 to one hour of play. I ran SpeedFan and it is showing that my GPU and CPU temps, while running hot, are within specifications. However, the temp reported for the SSD varies between 72-75C after the reboot. I have confirmed the SSD temp by checking it in the Corsair SSD Toolbox and the temps are within one degree C of each other.



According the specs on Newegg the operating temperature for my SSD is between 0C and 70C. Could the excessive heat from the SSD be causing my system to freeze and if so what is the remedy? I've opened my laptop up and I see no obvious problem such as excessive dust or something blocking the vent.



edit: I should add that I have looked at all the SMART attributes for the drive in the Toolbox and everything appears fine except for the temperature.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire