jeudi 31 juillet 2014

Vengeance 1500 v2 causing BSoDs

So i've narrowed down my issue to the headset.



Basically what's been happening is that Windows 8.1 will go into a stall upon shutting down... (This is after signing out, and all programs are closed)

After about 10 minutes of "shutting down" I get a BSoD with the error "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE"



I had no idea what was going on and was scratching my head until I noticed another issue.

Every morning when I had been signing on my computer to get started for work, I noticed that when I plugged my Vengeance 1500 in, it would get power, but would not turn on. (Lights on the volume control would be pink signalling power, not blue signalling that it was fully functioning). It would require me to reboot my computer and since I wasn't able to shutdown fully, I had to hard-reset the machine (Hold the power button).



Today I figured i would shut the machine down (hard) then reboot it and shut it off without EVER plugging in the headset.... Lo and behold it worked. I have no idea what's happening. Best thing I can see is that the system does not recognize when I "pull the plug" on the headset to take it out at the end of the day.



Does anyone here have any idea? I can't exactly "Eject" the headset.

Could it be an issue with the headset hardware?





Edit: i have noticed that when I have the headset only plugged in for a few minutes, the system will recognize when I pull the plug.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire