mardi 29 juillet 2014

Triple channel Kit in a dual channel board

I had 12gb of triple channel ram in my x58 Two 3x2 gb kits bought separately. Worked like a CHARM.

Tried to use 4 of those dimms in this board (Z97 Classified ) and they will simply not work at spec speeds or timings. So bad that if I try to run them at 1600 the machine goes into a power up loop and the code says no memory installed ( 55 )



4 dimms run FINE at 1333 and 1.49v and they are in Dual mode



So I am stuck with 1333 ram Until I spend a few hundred dollars on dual channel and EAT 12gb of this stuff ( wasn't cheap!)



I have been told that they would work at the correct timings but I don't know how to figure which ones to set.



Crucial says the MIGHT work but they do no guarantee that triple channel kits will work on dual....



HELLLLLP!!!!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire