samedi 28 juin 2014

A small quirk regarding the HX850 and the 600T

Hello!



I have always run my PSU fan facing downwards towards the cases built in dust cover. After getting myself a dust cover for the side window for the 600T along with 4x fans recently though, I wanted to rotate the PSU such that it would take in air from the inside of the case, but the 8pin CPU power cable is too short to reach my connector on the top of the case in this setup.



My rationale for the change in PSU position is because the filter I purchased for the side is finer than the stock ones on the case; allowing for air that is relatively dust free to enter the PSU; potentially extending its life in the process. Also, since my computer is up against a wall, moving it back and forth to remove the rear dust filter prebuilt in the case is a problem and removing my side filter would be much easier.



Although I will continue to use my PSU fan facing downwards, I just wanted to share a minor complain I have in an otherwise perfect PSU. I would like to see this cable extended by just a few centimeters in the future if possible please.



Thanks!

CorerMaximus




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire