jeudi 26 juin 2014

H100i Not cooling as expected..

So I picked up a new case and at the same time, picked up the Corsair H100i cpu cooler. Somewhat disappointing so far (unless Im doing something wrong), but thought I'd get some feedback, suggestions if (if anything) I can do to help it cool better.



I put the H100i in my new HAF XM case. Tight fit but its in. Got it hooked up and testing it out, it doesn't seem to cool much better then my previous air cool cpu cooler.. I have an i5 3570K @ 3.4Ghz. My idle is 38 to 42C and when I benchmark with Prim95, I'm maxing pushing 80C! With all fans at 100%.



So what can I do to help my temps? I used as little Antec Formula 7 Thermal paste as I could. (little drop then spread with included tool). Tightly screwed the cooler on. (Did this twice) Could it be not enough thermal paste? Could it be the way I applied it?

Fans blowing in or out didn't make much difference.



Check in Bios, cpu current at 1.10V, ff that matters...



Thanks.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire