lundi 30 juin 2014

RAM gone bad again?

Hi All



This is my first post and was hoping someone could weigh in on a memory issue I'm having.

My system has been running for almost 2 years now with no problems but over the last couple of months I've had a problems with booting. The problem was when booting I would get stuck in a POST cycle for 3 or more times before finally booting successfully. Restarting the machine would often result in a shutdown and continued POST cycle again. After running Memtest I found 50+ errors so I believed this to be the cause.

Corsair were very helpful in assisting me with an RMA, I have x2 memory kits for a total of 64GB's RAM and they asked me to send both back which I did.

After receiving two replacement kits everything ran fine for a short while and no obvious problems but then I turned the machine on one morning and POST failed 3 times. I ran memtest again and after a single run I found 2 errors.

Is this just down to bad luck or is there something else that can be causing this problem?

My CPU is moderately overclocked to 4.2GHz, RAM is running at correct timings and voltages at 1.5v and is set to rated speed of 1600MHz.

PSU has been tested and works fine.



Sorry for the long post but I'm baffled and could use some help.



Thanks in advance.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire