jeudi 26 juin 2014

SSD in NAS

Home HDD based NAS is going back. one of the two disks is gone. Second time its happened in a couple of years. Considering a new one. Possibly different raid (think its raid 5?, the one using three disks where any one could go out and still be ok).



the way I use the NAS is basically a document, music, photo, video archive. Accessed by home pc's or mobile devices. Its not written to terribly often.



But I'm wondering except for cost. Why would using SSD as the drive be a BAD idea? One thing I really hate about the NAS that I got now, is that its slower than dirt. 10/100 but it seems like it goes soo much slower, and accessing over wifi, its even worse. A new one might have 10/100/1000, but I though SSD would also speed things up. I know frequent read/write might not be the best for SSD.



I dunno any thoughts? Was thinking about a Synology DS412+ with the SSD inside (if thats even possible). Its just a thought I had this evening.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire