vendredi 27 juin 2014

Suspected power supply malfunction?

Hey, recently I've been having a problem where my ASUS motherboard constantly says it activated the power supply surge protection and reboots.



While I've seen a lot of posts on various sites talking about how this is an awful feature and always has false positives, this didn't pop up until recently, I have been running this PC for about a year now and it just now decided to show up.



I have made no recent installations however, the first time this happened was a time when I (probably foolishly) demanded a bit much from my PC having several graphically intensive programs open at once, the computer turned off and rebooted saying the power supply surge protection had acted.



I'm not sure if it's possible that the power supply is partially damaged, or if it's just not giving enough power to the gpu or something? I can run the computer just fine on the internet or watching videos with Steam running, but if I launch a graphically intensive game it loads the graphics fully well but shuts off seconds later.



I can play less graphically intensive games for a duration before it decides to shut itself off.



Is it the power supply that is faulty? Should I just turn off ASUS anti-surge protection even though this problem just started recently with no modifications made to cause it to happen?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire