vendredi 27 juin 2014

i7-4790K@4.9GHz, Maximus VI Extreme, Vengeance DDR3-2400!!!!

Hello all, HackmanSD with a little update on Devils Canyon retail chips!



A client of mine has been holding his breath waiting for the DC i7 and it didn't let him down.

This is running on the Asus Maximus VI Extreme, Corsair Vengeance DDR3-2400 with an H110 Cooling in Push!



We knew going in, from reading reviews, that the general consensus was it would do 4.7 stable. The reviewers had trouble getting it to run stable at 4.8 and higher wasn't possible with DC.



Well, I guess we must have gotten "The Golden Chip" as it booted into Windows at 4.7 by only upping the Multiplier.



This astounded me as I wasn't expecting it to be stable without heavy tweaking!



We moved ahead and tried 4.8 with everything set to Auto in Bios....it booted into Windows but wouldn't run any benchmarks/stability tests.



The Auto voltage had it sitting at 1.28 volts so I bumped it up to 1.32...just to see.



Bam! Rock Solid at 4.8GHz!







Temps were hitting 84C during AIDA64 stress test so I deemed it safe...for a Haswell anyway!



He has plans to put this under water very soon so we wanted to see exactly how high it would clock.(Well, I wanted to see)



Bumped up the voltage to 1.34, Cache ratio to 45, XMP profile for the memory and let it boot at 4.9GHz.....and boot it did!



Went right into Windows without issue and was able to run Cinebench R15, AIDA64 Stress test for about 30 mins and 3dMark 13 Firestrike. The thing is rock stable but HOT. Temps were at 95 for most of the stress test but during 3DMark 13 not 1 core broke 90.



This was a quick and dirty overclock just for testing and has been dropped to 4.5 until I get the water cooling stuff in BUT this was the easiest Haswell overclock I have done....EVER!



Pictures are below to show where it was during testing. I'll have more time to work on the voltages once the water goes in but it seems to be thermally limited. I really think with some time and tweaking, I can get her over 5GHz easy!



[IMG] [/IMG]



[IMG] [/IMG]



[IMG] [/IMG]



[IMG] [/IMG]




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire