jeudi 29 janvier 2015

Blown TX650 and Warranty/RMA issue

Hey all,

i have a strange situation with a blown Corsair TX650 and the local shop/reseller regarding the RMA/Warranty policy and i would like some info.



The PSU was purchased about a year ago, around winter 2013 with a 5 year Corsair warranty. Yesterday the PSU shortcircuited. Today i went to the tech-support of the local shop/corsair reseller and after they checked it was blown (actually the power in the tech-department was shut down after they plugged it in, lol) they offered me an instant replacement with the Corsair VS650!! They said that Corsair's RMA pricing policy puts the TX650 at around 50-60 euros current price so they cant give me an equally priced Corsair model like the CS650M or maybe the RM650. Note that I bought TX650 a year ago at 110 euros. They also informed me after a long talk and pressure that they can also send it for RMA to Corsair but its going to take a long time, blah blah..



So my question is this. Does Corsair underprices the older models which are still in warranty so far less than their original value? What kind of pricing policy is this? Are the resellers lying to me? If yes then is Corsair aware of this "RMA" malpractice? Shouldnt they offered me the exact product i bought or at least one of equal quality/price? If i send the PSU myselft for RMA and since TX650 is out of stock is there a chance that i would get a VS650 as a replacement?



The bottom line is, of course, that I am not going to accept a replacement of a 110 euro PSU to that of a half value like the VS650. I am also thinking of sending the PSU for RMA to Corsair myself, maybe open an express replacement ticket cause i need this fast and pay the shipping myself. I am not letting the shop send it for RMA for free and wait god knows how long. But i would like an official response from Corsair regarding this RMA tactic cause it seems out of this world.





Thanks




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire