samedi 31 janvier 2015

How many Amps can the Lighting Node handle?

I am sure I knew this a while back but because of the issues after two years since its release fighting with the Link, I gave up and now I am somewhat coming back. I have a Corsair Link Mini, Lighting Node, 4 big strips of LEDs and the old 3 small individual strips. If someone knows, are the 3 small old strips (3 LEDs per small strip) the same as one of the new 9 LED strips but just soldered together? I want to get a confirmation on that as well. I also was wondering if I can connect the big strips to each individual channel on the lighting node. I know they are .18 amps each as their tech specs say and know the Mini can only handle 2 amps of lighting. Not sure if lighting node can handle all of that.



Also, can I connect some old cooling nodes laying around? I know they've been discontinued but afraid I might get a blowout as I did not too long ago plugging a bunch of stuff on the Mini only to have it almost catch on fire or at least I thought it was. No, I didn't blow it before someone thinks that. Let me break it down to what I had connected to it.



-Had the AX1200i connected via Corsair Link cable to the Mini.

-Had the Lighting Node connected with 3 small strips of LEDs via Corsair Link cable to the mini.

-Had 2 air and 2 water temp probes connected to the temp headers on the Mini.

-Had 2 self powered Swiftech 8-way PWM fan splitters connected each individually to their own channel.

-Had the Swiftech MCP-35X2 connected via specific Y-cable for the pumps to one Mini channel as well.



So no one gets confused, the fans were powered by the fan splitters and the pumps have their own power as well. All they request from the link is the PWM signal.



Long story short, after the Link Mini had a blowout with billowing smoke coming out of its LED hole, my MB and than GPU had a blowout minutes later. Its quite possible the culprit was the AX1200i since I didn't have OCP enabled by default since I was one of the early adopters with the older firmware in the PSU but I did have it for a couple of years prior to the blowout and had no issues on my X58 platform no problem. This all happened on a newly updated X99 build.



Anyways, just thought I'd add more to the story since I am MORE cautious atm since getting everything replaced and I don't feel like going through this ordeal again hence why I am asking how many amps can the lighting node handle. Once I find out how much the lighting node can handle, than I need to know if I should go ahead and connect everything the way I did last time prior to the blowout or use the extra old cooling nodes for each self powered fan splitter as a precaution.



If I can get the green light from a Corsair tech that I could go ahead and connect the splitters to the mini, that would be great. Would save me the clutter it would cause adding two more nodes to the mix which I don't feel like doing and know they aren't supported anymore and might make thinks worse for the Mini and software. (Gasp)



Thanks




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire