mercredi 28 janvier 2015

Corsair RM750 and GTX 970 Sli

Hello Everyone,



I'm new to the community, so please correct me if I am posting in the wrong place or have violated the forum rules.



I've been doing a lot of research on the RM750 recently, because I plan to SLI GTX 970s within the next month; however I discovered that my RM750 is one of the faulty models (http://ift.tt/1ky70gY), where the fan will not turn on when the load is greater than 40%, but should not pose a problem if I do not plan to work under heavy loads. I've contacted Corsair today regarding the RM and waiting for a reply.



My primary question...is this PSU is good enough to SLI GTX 970's? If so, will it put my PSU under a load where the fan should turn on (Should turn on greater than 40% load). I'm curious to see if I need to go through the RMA process to fix/replace the RM750 before I try to SLI.





I'm currently running:



I5-4670K (not overclocked yet)

MSI GTX 970 4g Gaming

8 GB DDR3 1600

Samsung Evo 500 GB SSD

(See profile for more specs)



According to my calculations the wattage for SLI 970s would be 145W x 2 + 130W for other components in my case for a total of 420W, which would put the load at 56% (420/750). According to others who have had the older RM750, the PSU will hard shutdown under certain loads. I have yet to test the load as my rig currently runs below 40% and have had no issues, but I'm more concerned with potential issues after I SLI.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire