samedi 31 janvier 2015

New H80i running hot - Replace thermal paste?

I recently RMA'd my H80i and installation went fine. It's an identical setup to my previous H80i - I simply removed the unit, thoroughly cleaned the paste off and fitted the new H80i.



I notice idle temp is nearly 45C. It used to be 38C.

Running a few tests in Prime95 it's hit 100C so I had to stop the test.



I'm running a very small case so I get fairly high temps. But this new unit is performing considerably worse in identical conditions



I also notice there comes a point where the H80i fluid temp starts rising considerably - it was at 40C when my CPU hit 100C and going up at a rate of almost 0.1C per few seconds.







Long winded post, sorry, but could it be the thermal paste? I'm not ruling out the possibility I screwed up, though the cooler fitted without an issue - went straight down onto CPU and was tightened up without movement on the surface of the chip.







TTL;DR - Any suggestions for thermal paste as mine may be screwed.



Thanks




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire