mardi 27 janvier 2015

RM850 case overheating - Will Corsair Link solve it?

Please note that this is a different issue than this well-known one with the RMs. I'm not getting any shutdowns.



I found that a problem with the "Silent Fan Mode" of the RM850 (and doubtless the RM750) is that the PSU is no longer venting the case if the load is less than 40% which would cause the fan to run, so if the system was relying on this additional circulation, the components could overheat. The system that I have the RM850 in became very hot due to this... I will be improving the case fans obviously.



If it will allow me to control the fan speed and override Silent Fan Mode, I would also like to install Corsair Link. Is this Corsair Link Accessory Cable Kit all that is required to do this, or will I need something else?



Thanks for any assistance.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire