mercredi 29 octobre 2014

Problem with CMZ4GX3M1A11600C9 and Asus P5Q3

Hello.



First of all here is my system in case you need it.

Motherboard: Asus P5Q3 (Bios version 1102-last available)

Memory: 1 DIMM CMZ4GX3M1A11600C9 (Orange slot @ 1600 MHz)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz

You can see all specs above or in my profile.



The above system works pretty good.



I wanted to upgrade my ram to 8 GB, so I went to a store and got another CMZ4GX3M1A11600C9 dimm. Bought the same to avoid compatibility issues.



Ok here is the problem.



I removed the old dimm completely.

Plugged in the new dimm and I got a black screen with no video output.

Then I did a reset to bios.

Same thing. Also tested all the available slots to be sure.

I plugged in the old dimm, worked fine.

Spent hours in bios playing with some voltages (not too extreme) or timings, but couldnt get the new dimm to work.



Finally I configured DRAM frequency to 1100, with every other setting set to auto and it works.



Tested also 1066 and works with that frequency too.

I plugged in the second (old) dimm and now I've got a dual channel @ 1100 (550 each).



I don't get it though.

Why can't i have 1333 (or even 1600) with the new dimm I bought. I am not talking about dual channel or anything. I am talking about the dimm alone. I can't get it to work with anything above 1100, whereas the old (same) dimm works @ 1600/1333 alone with no problems.



Before doing all the configurations and before playing with settings I returned the new dimm back to store.

They checked it and they said it passed the memtests, but now I'm thinking that it passed a memtest on some low frequency, not 1333 or 1600.



I am really frustrated and lost with this situation, any toughts on what is the problem, or any configurations/settings that may be corrent will be much appreciated....



EDIT****:

Another thing I forgot to mention (don't think it really matters but you never know) is that the new dimm, has an older version than the old one. New dimm's version is 4.19, old dimms version is 5.11.



Thanks in advance.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire