jeudi 30 octobre 2014

RGB K70, A $180 BETA TEST TICKET? Or just the worst keyboard ever ?

The answer to the question is:

Both. An unfinished product being finished by beta testers who got into the program by paying the manufacturer, not the other way around, making it the worst keyboard ever invented to date

This keyboard is so bad it is hilarious. Tears of hilarity and sadness come to me very often as I work on this beauty.

How can a company like Corsair release such garbage and pass it off as a finished product?



It cannot hold a light profile for more than 30 minute into a gaming or typing session. It seems the more and harder you use it, the quicker it crashes. Even something as basic as a one color set seems to be too much for this trash firmware to keep its brains together. It just stops working, lights freeze and goodbye knowing if your caps lock is on or off.



It drops the performance of any game. If the keyboard malfunctions while you're in a game, pressing keys too fast (like when you're typing or playing any video game ) will drop your FPS to single digits. It is beyond me how a keyboard can have a firmware/software so badly designed it hinders the performance of the computer.



It also interferes with sound, cutting it out. As I type now, I can hear my Pandora breaking up because I am typing too fast without having reset the keyboard.



This is so bad I can easily make it fail on command.

This would be done by getting a complex profile, such as a rainbow wave, enable the type lighting that triggers waves across the keyboard, and make it malfunction within 10 seconds of spamming two or 3 keys at a time. What kind of people are these developers and engineers that don't test, or knowingly release such trash for sale? Shame on you, shame on your work, you and your product are utter trash. Go work at McDonald's.



You scammed me Corsair, nowhere in the box did the product advertise I’d be part of a beta test group and my frustration and bad user experience would help you troubleshoot your product and give you the monetary funding to finish developing the keyboard.



What amazes me is that people will probably come in this thread I just created, and dare ask me “what troubleshooting I did, or if I want troubleshooting help” to fix it.



I’m sorry, but I’d have to say that I am using the product as intended, this is a keyboard, with a cable you plug in. Now unless you assume your users are so dumb they’d plug in the usb cables to their phone jack socket, I don’t know where you’d think your users went wrong, especially when the internet, your own forums, are filled with users complaining of how much trash this keyboard is.

Somehow coming into someone’s thread and shifting possible blame as in “what troubleshooting did you do to fix it? Comes across just a tad bit condescending




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire