lundi 30 mars 2015

H100i GTX Cooler Temp is zero

I just built a new system, and against my better judgement bought the H100i GTX CPU cooler. I have a commander and cooling node on another computer which I have really given up a couple of years ago because of the state of Corsair Link.



I naively hoped that things would have improved since the last time I visited these forums, but it seems they haven't.



I started by installing the latest version, v3.1.5525. After rebooting and looking through all the irrelevant sensors and devices, I found the H100i GTX stuff. The "Cooler Temp" reports 0 degrees celcius. I guess that that's supposed to be water temperature..? In any case, I doubt it's really 0 degrees as that's way below room temperature. If I watch it for a long time, it will sometimes show a different reading for a very short time, which seems reasonable (e.g. 28 C).



Being used to the way Corsair Link used to work, I started downgrading hoping to find a version that would do what I need. So, I uninstalled and installed v2.7.5361. To my surprise, this wouldn't recognize the H100i GTX at all. So, I had to uninstall this, and reinstall the latest. I didn't try any earlier versions, because I suppose the reason is that the H100i GTX is to "new" for previous versions. That means that I'm stuck with v3.1.5525, which doesn't work.



This again means that I have no sensible regulation of my cooling. The way I is now, I have to switch the fans to "fixed 100%" and the pump to "performance" when I'm doing some heavy stuff, and then switch them back to "quiet" when I'm done. This forfeits the whole purpose of having a sensor driven automatic system.



Is there any way to get the water temp available as a custom curve source, as this is the only way I can see that this setup makes any sense?



I noticed that CL also has a problem reading my CPU temp - a 5820K. It reports 0 degrees as well, and annoyingly flashes red. While it doesn't really matter to me if the CPU temp isn't there, it seems that it might "disturb" the reading of the water temp. If I rightclick the 5820K temp and select "remove device", the "H100i GTX Cooler Temp" will most of the time show a reasonable value for a couple of seconds. But, then Corsair Link autodetects the 5820K temp sensor and adds it again, making me wonder why I have to option to remove it at all. Anyway, as soon as the CPU Temp is back, they both show 0 degrees and flash red.



I guess it could be a problem with the temp sensor in my brand new H100i GTX, but from previous experiences with Corsair Link I'm 99,999% sure it's a software bug. How do I get this working?



The two devices I have under "devices" that's relevant to the H100i GTX is:

  1. Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device - version 3.3

  2. H100iGTX Cooler - version 2.3.0.0


Trying to update firmware simply reports that "Corsair Link did not detect any devices that need to be updated." That either means that the H100i GTX is at the latest firmware, or another software bug - I simply don't know, but at least it's not an option for me to update firmware to get around the bug.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire