dimanche 29 mars 2015

New Air 540 Configuration

Hi everyone,



I know a lot of forums have had pages dedicated to the 540 and the best way to optimise its cooling potential. I'm just about to begin my first ever full build, using the 540, and I've been trying to work out for myself an optimal solution to this question. Just to be clear about my needs: I'm not overclocking my 4790k yet, and I'm also installing just a single GTX 970, so I'm aware that the 540's base configuration should more than suit my cooling needs. Also, I've ordered a set of 540 magnetic dust filters from DEMCiflex, so I'm not as worried about creating positive air pressure inside as I would have been without them. So basically I'm creating this post because of two things. First, the perfectionist (or maybe that's OCD...) in me is simply curious about what is the best possible cooling configuration that I could create. Second, I want to HAVE that best possible configuration set up so that it is ready for any future upgrades/overclocking.



There is one possible configuration that I thought up today, which I haven't seen suggested or displayed in any forums yet. I've got a H100i cooler ready to go (again, thinking forward towards future overclocking), and I'm considering installing it in the top two FRONT 120mm slots, acting as intakes. I was then also thinking of purchasing an additional 120mm fan to sit in the lowest front slot (assuming this is possible in conjunction with the H100i?), unobstructed by the H100i radiator and blowing cool air directly underneath my GPU.



I would have moved the two 140mm fans that came installed in the front to the TOP of the case, as exhausts, and leave the rear 140mm as an exhaust as well. The only downside I can see is the potential for negative air pressure, but if the custom made filters over every vent work as advertised, then surely I wouldn't need to worry too much about this? Or would I be better off leaving out one or both of the top fans entirely?



If there are any drawbacks, false assumptions, better suggestions, or aspects of my plan that I'm over thinking, then I'd greatly appreciate any feedback. Like I said, this is my first full build, so I'll be grateful for any advice from those who have been at it a lot longer than me. Thanks to anyone kind enough to humour my curiosity by reading and/or replying to my post!



Best wishes to all,



Tipp Red




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire