dimanche 29 mars 2015

PSU problems after X99 upgrade

Hey everybody!



I have upgraded my system to an x99 platform from the old x58 build but have kept some components such as PSU hard drives and graphics card. There seemed to be no reason to change my old TX650 since it has enough power and it still has a year worth of warranty left but 2 weeks ago I started having weird problems. The pc refused to shut down properly (or sleep), sometimes it would freeze on shutdown and sometimes it would just restart forcing me to turn of the PSU to shut it down. After a fresh installation of windows the problems seemed to go away but last night after turning off the pc it automatically turned on after 10 minutes and then refused to turn off like before. I have seen the post about haswell compatible PSUs and my unit seems to be compatible but my problems are similar to PSUs that are not haswell certified.



Things I have tried already:

-clearing CMOS

-ram tests

-system stability GPU + CPU



Can it be that the PSU is too old for my system?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire