jeudi 27 mars 2014

Carbide Air 540 - AIO Watercooling and airflow question

I'm excited about my planned build in a 540, which I chose for the great airflow and watercooling potential. I may have gone too far with my planning, however. I intend to cool a 4770k with a kraken x60. Later (once budget concerns are resolved), I plan to cool my gpu, a R9 290X, with a Kraken g10 and x40. On paper, this sounds fantastic, especially the gpu. Watercooling makes a huge difference with a 290x.



My question is this: what would the ideal placement of fans and radiators be, as well as intake vs. exhaust on them? In order to have both radiators functioning as intakes, I feel that mounting the x60 on the front and the x40 on the rear should give each more than enough cool air. But is only top exhaust an acceptable setup? The unique nature if the 540 leads me to think it's more acceptable than in a typical case.



Any feedback or advice would be appreciated. Thank you




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire