jeudi 27 mars 2014

Phantom 410 4770k and 770

I apologize that the pictures aren't the best, but this camera has a strange focus. This is also my first build, which I forgot to add to the title.



Where to start... at first I wanted a next generation console around September of last year, and then I started thinking about building my first gaming PC.

The first part list I used was from someone recommending a good starter build for Battlefield 4. I quickly realized that my thirst for excellence led me from

AMD, to Intel and nVidia. All in all, building computers is a very fun past time, unless some of the holes are too small (the CPU power hole on this case). I

actually got everything working in mid January, and today I added some of the finishing touches. Since I had so many problems with the CPU hole, I decided

to route the cable over the ones coming from the block of the H100i. It actually worked out very well, and you can't see any ugly wires! Another difficulty I

had was with the LED strip. I quickly found out when I tried to install it that it wouldn't fit in a slot on the back of the I/O, so I had to improvise and place it

inside the case which isn't a huge problem. The games I will be playing are almost all the FPS's, a few RPG's, and some indie games. Now for the parts rationale, and sorry for the poor quality images.



CPU - At first, I had an FX 6300 from AMD, and then it was an 8350, next a 4670k, and now a 4770k.

The deal at Microcenter was great at only $249, and I figured I could use the hyperthreading later down the road. I also have an overclock of 4.4 Ghz at 1.210 Volts.



CPU cooler - I don't know enough about overclocking as of now, so I thought I could invest now rather than later.

It was extremely easy to set up, and I don't even need the Corsair link. It's also very quiet.



Motherboard - I started with an MSI board at ~$80 and went to the Asus M5A99FX, then to the Z87 Pro, and finally

to this bad boy. The only unfortunate circumstance with the motherboard was one of the assist fans that was supposed to go at the back of the I/O.

The screws to fasten the lid on it did not actually twist into the fans themselves.



RAM - Ram is ram, no problems with it at all, and I love the low profile heat sinks.



SSD - This thing is blazing fast. My OS is at the desktop within 8 seconds and everything I load on it comes up like a dream.



HDD - No complaints whatsoever. Plenty fast for music, and most games (large too).



Video Card - I think I started with a 7970 Ghz edition, which was at a fairly good price when I first started this adventure. I then

started leaning toward the R9 280x but by the time I was ready to order, the litecoin miners hit and I decided to go with nVidia's near equivalent. I'll also be purchasing an 880 or higher when they release.



Case - Stuck with this case from the beginning, I originally wanted to go with red, but I decided that this would be a better color.

Cable management isn't too bad at all (except for the CPU power) and everything looks very clean.



Fans - I arranged the 2 front fans in intake, to blow on the SSD and HDD, the side fan in an intake toward the video card, the top



2 fans attached to the H100i in an intake, and the rear as an exhaust. The 140mm fan listed is not the one in the build, but I bought the FZ non-led that I couldn't find in the selection. The price and CFM rating is still the same.

Power supply - I know I overspent for what I have now, but I will be upgrading to 2x 880's soon. There is some slight coil whine every once in a while (not every time I turn on my computer), but it doesn't bother me much, as my monitor blocks the sound, and I always have headphones on.



Optical Drive - Only used once, then unplugged the SATA and Power cables to save clutter.



Monitor - Plenty large for what I am used to. Everything looks great, and I'll be upgrading to a 144Hz possibly with g-sync when I upgrade my video card.



Keyboard and mouse - The perfect combination, I've never used a mechanical keyboard before this, and it is possibly the best thing my fingers have ever felt

(red switches), and the build quality is excellent. After taking all the weights out of the mouse it glides like butter, and is perfect for what I play mostly (FPS).



If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

















Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire