lundi 31 mars 2014

Corsair AX750 Power supply slowly dying!

Hi,



I bought AX750 power supply in December 2012 and all this time its been fine but suddenly in last 3 weeks or so it started to give me issues.



I noticed a weird problem when I turn off the PC and I can not turn it on normally eg If I press the power button on the case nothing happens (Yes the power is on) because the lights are lit on the motherboard. I tried to start it up by turning it off on from the power supply. Sometimes it turns on sometimes it doesnt. I tried it turning it on and off from the wall, sometimes it starts up and sometimes it doesnt. Thats been happening for 3 weeks.



Also three times my pc turned off while I was using it First I thought It could be an error something. Second time it happened it wouldnt start on, tried everything literally I gave up on it cuz it was night time - thought will try it the next day it worked



Thought I get my friend (works in the IT industry) to have a look - he couldnt find any issues in the computer, so turned it off. Then bam couldnt start it up - took out the RAM, Graphics Card still nothing... tried different power supply it worked fine. ( this was couple of days ago)



So I take it is the power supply.



Computer died on me again tonight and I took the power supply out from the case and did the PSU paper clip test. First test fan wouldnt start up after turning it on and off button several times. Then I tried it again after few mins it worked fine, so thought its not the power supply. Turned it off and on fan wouldnt go hmmm Turned it off on again it worked did it one more time it wouldnt after that it never turned on.



So I take it I will RMA it?



I did bought the power supply in USA but I live in NZ. Does the RMA will work here in Australia/New Zealand? I think they do have an office here in Aus/NZ.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire